SURGE 16″ Ride Cymbal with Choke
TRADITIONAL RIDE CYMBAL WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY.
The SURGE 16″ Ride Cymbal is the world’s first ride cymbal with built-in electronic triggering. Playing on the face, edge or bell; with the tip, crashing, shanking or shouldering the ride all feels the way you’d expect a cymbal to feel. Two triggering zones allow you to play up to three zones—bell, bow, and edge, plus choke—with the DM10, DM8, and other compatible drum modules and interfaces. different sounds to be triggered when playing the bell and face, and even three zones can be utilized with some Roland® drum modules.
Made from genuine cymbal brass-alloy, SURGE Cymbals have centuries of cymbal craftsmanship in their DNA, cross-bred with Alesis’ decades of experience in electronic triggering technology.
SURGE Cymbals are the world’s most realistic-looking, accurately responding, and most importantly, natural-feeling cymbal triggers in the world. Not pads in any way, SURGE Cymbals are true brass cymbals at their core with exclusive clear sound dampening to cut the cymbals’ acoustic sound.
SURGE Cymbals employ industry-standard piezo triggers, so they are easy to use with any existing electronic drumset, replacing those uninspiring hard black cymbal pads. Because they are cymbals, they mount on any cymbal stand so they are easy to integrate into both electronic and acoustic drum setups using any sound module or trigger-to-MIDI converter. A large choke strip on the underside of the Crash and Ride cymbals sends a message to the sound module to choke the cymbal sound when activated – just like choking any other cymbal!
SURGE Cymbals are the only cymbals that integrate built-in electronic triggers with a custom brass alloy. They are the only choice for drummers who are serious about feel.
Also available: SURGE 12″ Hi-Hat, SURGE 13″ Crashes with and without choke capability and SURGE 16″ dual-zone Ride without choke capability
- Genuine lathed, brass-alloy cymbal
- Unique, patented design for maximum performance and acoustical sound reduction
- Built-in two-zone piezo triggering for industry-wide compatibility
- Incomparably realistic cymbal feel
- Traditional cymbal design
- True cymbal appearance
- Large choke strip on underside sends choke message to module
- Mountable on standard cymbal stands
- Includes cable for connection to module
- Compatible with most drum modules. See compatibility guide for details.
- Can be used as a three-zone cymbal with choke with the DM10, DM8, and other compatible drum modules